Japan adult content

Ok so now there talking about a nuclear meltdown well if they have one doesnt that mean its gonna effect the whole world? or just there country? I live in the United States . I am just wondering about this

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:11 PM on Mar. 15, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• The news was saying that their head of whatever says he cant promise there wont be a meltdown, they are not saying there will be one it depends on a bunch of different factors in the long run. Honeslty things should really get to us in the US but just tune into the news every now & then & they will keep you updated. I usually hit up a few different stations then will read online some to help keep me informed.
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 9:14 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Did it affect the whole world with Three mile Island or Chernobyl.?  No, it did not.  Don't feed into the media hype. 

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 9:15 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• *I meant to say things shouldnt get to us in the US sorry for the confusion
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 9:17 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• They said on the news that the radiation levels would dissipate by the time it reaches the US.What I worry about is the affect it will have on food (fish,rice,etc.)I would imagine it will affect all the other countries over there and look at how much stuff we get from China.I'm like you, I am wondering what all it is going to affect.I am praying for those poor people over there and for whoever it wiil affect also.
    shannon2206

Answer by shannon2206 at 9:17 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I agree with PNW mom. I haven't actually listened to much of the news or read much about it, but I know from experience, they always give you the worst, most scariest picture possible.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 9:23 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I heard that the United States is talking about this, because the wind from Japan is blowing our way. But, they are not concerned at this time.
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 9:40 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I have seen reports about how the nuclear plant is built in Japan vs the one in Chernobyl. How the 'melt down' won't be the same. How the containment will be.....etc. It will not directly effect us, but there will be an indirect effect through prices and availability of goods from Japan. I just feel so much sympathy for the people of Japan. I am so impressed with their dignity. I have a hard time trying to even imagine how they feel or how they deal with the absolute enormity for the task at hand.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:40 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I posted a link in another post, let me try to get it again...http://bravenewclimate.com/2011/03/13/fukushima-simple-explanation. This may help clear some things up for people. I am IN Japan and not freaking out because what would be the point? Please everyone, don't listen to everything you hear! Yes this is bad but I truly believe the media is making it a lot worse! It is good to stay informed but we also need to remember what we are hearing is being filtered through so many different channels!
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 9:45 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• wow honey I hope you and your family is ok
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:47 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• We are fine and thank you! We are about a little less then 200 miles South of everything. As of now we do have some radioactivity in the air but nothing major, less then what would be recieved on a plane flight from Tokyo to New York! We had a few broken objects after the first big quake and another few things fell last night during the second biggest one (we have had). Please keep the Japanese in your thoughts and prayers. It really is sad! They are being hit with one after another problem!!
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 9:51 PM on Mar. 15, 2011