is she not ready?

I have been slowly introducing cheyenne (almost 23 months) to the potty chair.. she will start to take her clothes off and say "pee" but when i sit her on there she just sits.. sometimes its a short time like 5 min but sometimes its like amost half hour to an hour... does she just maybe not know what to do I mean i tell her to go pee in the big girl potty and stuff but she still just seems to sit... today we waited a while after she drank her morning milk to even sit and still nothing. I am not trying to force her to go I am waiting untill she tells me.. any advice?

NDAUGHERTY

Asked by NDAUGHERTY at 12:19 PM on Nov. 24, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I would keep doing what you are doing. She's off to a great start. I had a similiar experience with my youngest. He would sit there as long as I let him...he loved it. Sometimes he'd pee, sometimes he wouldn't. I stopped, thinking he wasn't ready. It took me until age 4 before he showed any interest.
    Hang in there, you're lucky. If she wants to "pee," would you feel comfortable bringing the potty to a different room, where it is more convenient? Or in front of the tv while she watches her favorite show?
    good2me

Answer by good2me at 12:25 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• we actually have it in the livingroom.
    NDAUGHERTY

Answer by NDAUGHERTY at 12:31 PM on Nov. 24, 2008