To all those Step moms who have crazy X's to deal with

Okay So I am a step mom to two cuties.. only thing is their mother..she drives me crazy. She is like rude and mean to mean in person but she keeps sending me all of these nice emails.. WTH????? Why is she doing this.. I mean she knows I don't like her and I know she hates me.. so why is she doing this? What can I email her back..like hello what are you doing? She sends friendship stuff and nasty like sexual stuff you normally see men sending to men. It is soo weird................

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:22 PM on Nov. 24, 2008 in General Parenting

• I am a stepmom who has a "crazy ex." My stepchild is older now and there's not much communication with the "ex." But I'll tell ya...I played her game. This one had a short wick...and lived for drama...I made myself out to look like a saint. I was always friendly, talkative...whatever it took. But I would never let her manipulate me or my family. I saw right through her and I called all the shots. Little did she know. I was lucky, my husband also had her pegged. We agreed, he'd deal with her hostility. Yeah, she'd piss me off, but I kept my mouth shut in front of her. I'd tell him the way I saw it...my opinion, yadayadaya. She would get so pissed when she couldn't get her way. Little did she know it was my doing. She didn't know who she was dealing with ; )
    good2me

Answer by good2me at 12:37 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• way to go!!!!!
    avonbooklady58

Answer by avonbooklady58 at 1:20 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• I'm also a stepmom of two little cuties, However, their mother is INSANE!!!! She has a flair for the drama and loves to ream out my husband for stupid things that are not any of her concern anymore. She treats him like she's HIS mother most of the time! We have figured out how to handle her for the most part though; we basically ignore her when she calls just to yell at us, that way we can just let her rant on and on without us really having to deal with it, we've also figured out that if we DONT fight back and just let her rant she just gets MORE pissed but just gives up!The only thing my husband's ex and I have agreed on is that we NEVER are rude to each other or talk badly about each other in front of the kids! We really cant stand each other, but the girls are ALL that matters!!
    fendermom

Answer by fendermom at 3:01 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• It's pretty simple really, ask her to stop!
    legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 9:33 AM on Nov. 25, 2008