My daughter is already 6 months old but I still have not fed her any solid foods because of her eczema? when can i start feeding her?

kaemay

Asked by kaemay at 9:19 PM on Mar. 15, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Am I missing something? Why cant she eat solid foods b/c of eczema?
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 9:20 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• i was wondering the same thing...
    lilianasmom1116

Answer by lilianasmom1116 at 9:21 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• my friend told me coz if she ever develops any allergies we won"t notice since she has eczema already.
    kaemay

Comment by kaemay (original poster) at 9:26 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Is her eczema really bad? My daughter had it come & go & in the same spots as always.

If its not overly bad then I'd say go ahead give her solids (double check with dr). When my daughter was a month old she showed allergy symptoms from blood in her stool then at one year old she showed it by dhiarria (sp).
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 9:30 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• That is not true. Both of my girls have eczema and I began solids at about 4 to 5 months. Follow doctor recommendations, not your friends (not trying to be rude) I would go ahead a start. Start with a tablespoon of rice cereal and mix it with formula or breastmilk, whichever you are doing, to a thin consistancy. When she gets used to that you can begin the stage one foods. Talk to your doctor about it, they will point you in the right direction.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 9:30 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• And that was not meant towards mel,the part where I said that is not true. She had a great answer also.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 9:32 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• thanks :)
    kaemay

Comment by kaemay (original poster) at 9:34 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Yea, that is not true. My son had excema and was eating at 4-5months. Excema has NOTHING to do with when you start feeding your baby. I would start talking to your pediatrician and not listen to your friends advice anymore.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 9:37 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Now that she's 6 mos, you can start introducing solids whenever you feel the time is right. I would start with something like banana, avocado or sweet potato, they're good starter foods. You can do jars, or you can just mash a banana or avocado, and bake and mash the potato, or just cut them up into finger size pieces, and allow her to attempt to feed herself. DD has eczema, and I think we'd notice if she ever had a reaction. She did, once, to walnuts. We noticed. I believe it was hives.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 10:09 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• u can start when u r ready! i started at 7 months!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 10:53 PM on Mar. 15, 2011