How do most us get over something like a miscarriage that happened 11 days ago? adult content

How long does it take to heal physically and mentally for some people?
My husband and I are wanting to try for another baby,but how long to start trying?
I'm not tender anymore,but do you think its okay to have sex and since I'm still bleeding abit to use tampoons?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:22 PM on Mar. 15, 2011 in Pregnancy

• yes, hubby and i started just a few days after i lost mine although i didn't get pregnant again with our DS until 2 months after i miscarried... sad thing was i didn't know i was pregnant until i miscarried...
    TatymMommi

Answer by TatymMommi at 9:25 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I had my miscarriage at 6 weeks pregnant, i didnt know you could get pregnant right after you miscarriged ( i figured it was like your period, and you couldnt get pregnant that soon) but anyways, i did bleed but maybe 3 days and started having sex soon after, i got pregnant 2 weeks later. I did cramp or anything with my m/c. i heard your body will decide when its ready to get pregnant again. How far along were you?
    juniebug11

Answer by juniebug11 at 9:28 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• It's about 10 days later most people feel ok to have sex. You are more fertile than usual for the first 3 months after a miscarriage so you are more likely to get pregnant again if you want to.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 9:34 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• They often tell you to wait a couple months to let your body recover so that your nutrient levels are where they should be, mostly to help prevent a repeat. Take it one day at a time... it is hard, I've had a couple. (((Hugs))) Let yourself grieve, but remember that you have to take care of yourself in order to create an ideal situation to conceive again. Wait until you feel ready.
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 9:36 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• it usually takes a couple weeks, and your next period may come a little late (even 6 weeks) that's normal is what the nurse told me. Mine took longer to heal becasue i pulled a few muscles in my back from the pain when it actually occured. Emotionally, i'm not sure if you ever get over it? Especially if you're still ttc since it happened (like me, it's been 2 years). But it's a lot more common than we all realize, i didn't know so many of my freinds and family members had miscarriages until i had mine. But there's no harm in trying right away again (per obgyn nurse).
    boobarandbell

Answer by boobarandbell at 9:56 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• The doctor asks you to wait one cycle only so they have an accurate date for the new pregnancy. After my first miscarriage, I did not even want to try again for about 6 months. It was a horrible experience that lasted 3 months....my doctor was not so great. We got pregnant again right away and 8 weeks later, I lost that baby too. After the second one, I wanted to try right away again and I was pregnant after one cycle. Our son is now one year old. I still think about the babies I lost and when the due dates come around, I wonder what it would be like if that child was there. However, I look at the children we have and how lucky we are. How perfectly they fit into our family and how I can not imagine my life without these babies I was blessed with. Take the time YOU need. Not what your husband thinks, your doctor, your mom, whoever. Listen to what your heart tells you and you will know when it is time! Hugs!!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 11:31 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Thank you for sharing, i am so sorry. Loss is loss and there is no time limits so be patient with yourself. Try when you wanna try. When you feel ready it's because you are. Good luck and hugs to you and your husband.
    rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 12:14 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I am so sorry for your loss :( I have had 4 losses - 3 miscarriages and 1 ectopic and time was really the only thing that helped me heal.

I was told different things about trying again, one doctor said I could try again right away and another said to wait a couple months. It always look me longer then a couple months to get pregnancy again anyway.
    PrincessPeach06

Answer by PrincessPeach06 at 3:01 PM on Mar. 16, 2011