Easter baskets?

I don't really want to do a lot of candy or junky toys. Any ideas? What are your kids getting?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:23 PM on Mar. 15, 2011 in Holidays

• Books,Puzzles,baseball hat,Uno cards,crayons,magic markers,hair clips,plush bunny,
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 9:25 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Last year I got my daughter a small wagon $15 walmart & it had sand toys in it. I also added book, crafts & small toys to the wagon. I also put in her eggs things like pet shops, zhu zhu baby pets, jewlery, etc. This year she is getting a wheel barrow instead of a wagon. She still plays with that wagon daily loves the thing puts her toys in it & pulls it along. She has wanted the wheel barrow for a long while now so I'm excited to give it to her!
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 9:26 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• My parents always gave us a basket with a little candy, a new toothbrush, and a tshirt, stuffed easter bunny etc :)
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 9:28 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I don't do candy either. I try to get a few little inexpensive things for the basket and then we put quarters in the plastics eggs.
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 9:29 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I do a little candy, a movie, book, or wii game, a couple of small toys, and a stuffed animal. I like the fun of putting my own baskets together.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 9:39 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Well I have a 10 yr old boy... and he knows we are his Easter Bunny...
    so this yr I will asking him what type of candy he would like and we will
    be getting him video games and or gift cards ... maybe a few hot wheels (he's a collector of those)
    and a new board game (for family nights)...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 12:22 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• my mom does candy Easter baskets so we dont do any candy in the home basket. last year she got bubbles, a CD of kids songs, and a stuffed duck in a cute bucket. this year we'll probably do the same thing since i'll be giving birth right around Easter...gotta keep it low key!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 12:54 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Got a sand bucket and shovel for Easter one year as a kid, and that was the best thing in the world! I don't remember getting "gifts" in my basket, and I won't put them in my children's, as I don't want Easter to be yet another "Christmas."
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 1:15 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I remember as a kid my parents got us kites, frisbees and rubber balls (like kickballs or soccer ball types) and lots of candy. There were 4 of us, so anything they could give us to play outside was a plus, haha. This year, my son's getting mudboots (he's finally outgrown his favorite monstertruck boots, so I'm getting him an identical pair in a bigger size) a few small candy things, a jump rope and bubbles..I might pick up a few other little things to keep him entertained indoors, since his little brother is due to arrive the day after easter and we'll be inside for a week or so afterwards.
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 11:49 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Books, coloring books, crayons and a couple hot wheels
    jilligan362

Answer by jilligan362 at 1:19 PM on Mar. 16, 2011