Patience is thin!

How do I get my almost 3 year old to understand that when I say no, I mean no. I don't mean ask me 20 more times!! I understand kids will be kids but this one thing is driving me totally bonkers lately!!!

logansmommy711

Asked by logansmommy711 at 9:23 PM on Mar. 15, 2011 in General Parenting

• Do you ever change your mind after she asks you 20 times? She's testing you, seeing how far she needs to go to get what she wants. If you give in even rarely, she'll learn she just has to keep asking in order to get what she wants. Tell her no once, give her the reason, and then ignore her asking more.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 9:26 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• When she asks you more than once or twice, ignore her. Or say " Well, I have already answered that question, so what do you think?"
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 9:38 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• The biggest thing that has helped us w/ our three kids (3 in June, almost 5, & 6) is that when we say "NO" or "Please don't touch that", etc that they reply with "Okay Mom (or Dad)" This has helped tremendously!!! And like if you go the park, playland, playdate, or elsewhere that you give them warnings when it is almost time to go... "You can play for 5 more minutes thene need to go"!
    GL!
    dragonflylovr19

Answer by dragonflylovr19 at 9:49 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I don't give in after I have already said No, so I am not sure why he continues to ask over and over. Thanks for the advice every one!
    logansmommy711

Comment by logansmommy711 (original poster) at 10:49 AM on Mar. 16, 2011