Does anyone have a child with crohn's disease?

I would like to know how they are doing, what medication they are taking. They want to put him on imuran, and Im a little nervous about that medication.

mommom2000

Asked by mommom2000 at 9:23 PM on Mar. 15, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• Unfortunately, a close family friend lived with Crohn's Disease and took a medication for several years. (I can't remember the name). However, when he turned 21 he could no longer afford the medication and suddenly went off of it. The effects from that particular drug was known to cause suicidal thoughts and depression. Sadly, this friend was one that committed suicide before this was a known fact. A year or two after his death, the family received notification that many, many families had joined in a law suit against this company. A little too late IMO. Like I said, I don't remember the drug name. I do remember that this disease caused a lot of pain to this individual.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:52 PM on Mar. 15, 2011