Are parents really buying this stuff?

I was reading a magazine today and there was an add. It was for these designer helmets for babies just learning to walk so if they fall they dont hurt their head. I was just wondering if people really buy this stuff? do you or would you?

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 9:24 PM on Mar. 15, 2011 in General Parenting

• I'm sure somebody will!!!
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 9:26 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• haha. I would defiantly not! babies have been falling down and hitting their heads for generations! I would not want to protect my child to that crazy of a level :)
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 9:26 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• lol dont think I ever would have gotten that! I just kept a careful eye on my child or put her in a safe room haha
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 9:27 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I still wear a helmet during the day! Of course my kids will wear them as well! You never know! .......hahahahahaha!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:29 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Is it cheaper than child proofing? I've heard of those and didn't find it a necessary investment. I have seen some really bad parents who should have gotten those though.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 9:30 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• lol- my middle child had a permanent bruise smack dab in the center of his head for about a year. I swear his nerves stopped working there- he'd fall and not even notice. lol Some parents waste their money on a lot of things- but hey... it supports a business somewhere, right?
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 9:30 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• There are people that buy them and they are doing their children a disservice (unless they are medically needed). Kids fall down and get hurt. It's how they learn. I've raised 4 kids to walking age (1 more to go) and never baby proofed and never hovered and definitely never used helmets and they all survived and are perfectly normal kids (10, 9, 8 and almost 5).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:42 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Do they include knee pads and padding for the behind too! Can they throw in a mouth guard as well?
    mommieGem

Answer by mommieGem at 9:51 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Ha!! Not needed in my home!
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 9:59 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Lets just put toddlers and kids in bubble wrap AND helmets....lol
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:00 PM on Mar. 15, 2011