which is worse, venting about a SIL on cafemom to people who don't know you or your SIL...OR...your SIL talking crap about you to people you know mutually...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:32 AM on Jul. 9, 2008 in Relationships

• The latter is by far worse. Cafemom was meant to be a place to safely vent the frustrations we feel. Dragging in mutual people IRL is just childish. Honestly, tell her if she has stuff to say she needs to say it to you or stand in the corner til she learns to keep her mouth shut. She wants to act like a crybaby she can be punished like one.
    SensualScents

Answer by SensualScents at 10:36 AM on Jul. 9, 2008

• why not talk/vent to one another instead of others and work out the differences?

Answer by admckenzie at 11:53 AM on Jul. 9, 2008

• "why not talk/vent to one another instead of others and work out the differences"
    Some people just need to vent to get over things. There are things that I cannot change, I will vent in a safe place to get it off my chest and wahlah I am ok. Not everything HAS to be talked about and sorted out.
    SensualScents

Answer by SensualScents at 1:55 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• I don't see the issue in someone venting online about their SIL. people vent about everyone else so why should the SIL be excluded from the vent-fest lol? Also if a SIL is talking stuff to someone you both know it would depend on who it is. If they're talking to their parents about the SIL then that's fine. But ultimately if it can be worked out that would be good. I wish that people would take the time to make sure people in the family can get along before marrying anyway. It would make life easier for everyone.
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 4:27 PM on Jul. 9, 2008