My 8 month- old daughter's voice has gone hoarse and cracks. She is also getting her 2nd tooth. Can anyone give me any advice?

She doesn't seem in distress with her voice and she hasn't cried to the point where she went hoarse. Any advice would be very helpful. Thank you

Noellabella27

Asked by Noellabella27 at 9:41 PM on Mar. 15, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• How long has it been going on? I've heard of all kinds of unusual symptoms related to teething, so who knows if that could be a factor. Or she's coming down with a cold and hasn't show any other symptoms. If it were my kid and it went on for, say, a week with no other symptoms, I'd probably take her in and get it checked out. Good luck!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 9:53 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• It could just be a bug going around. I know I recently had laryingitis, maybe she has it. She's too young to try garggling warm salt water so I'm not sure what can help with that. If it doesn't seem to distress her I wouldn't worry too much about it. If she stops eating and drinking that probably means that her throat is hurting and then you should see the doctor. GL momma.
    Bamzakarat

Answer by Bamzakarat at 9:54 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Thank you :)
    Noellabella27

Comment by Noellabella27 (original poster) at 9:57 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I would call ask a nurse if you have one in your area. They great and they answer alot of question that seem dumb. Also too make sure it's not a form of strep. For young children it's dangerous.
    Parka54

Answer by Parka54 at 9:58 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• call the doc
    Sage11

Answer by Sage11 at 11:37 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• tylenol and talk to doctor. 2-3 wks a cold can last.
    080583heather

Answer by 080583heather at 11:51 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Take her to the Dr if are unsure.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 11:31 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Why would you give her tylenol if she's not in distress?
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 1:39 PM on Mar. 16, 2011