What's the best way to sterilize/clean a whole bunch of plastic toys?

jacy3031

Asked by jacy3031 at 12:29 PM on Nov. 24, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Fill up the bathtub with hot water and vinegar, dump them in, wash with a rag/sponge, soak, rinse.
    jaycee1124

Answer by jaycee1124 at 12:40 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• Well at the daycare where I used to work, we had to wipe each toy with a rag that had been sprayed with bleach/water solution. Another method would be to drop them into a bucket of hot water to which a certain amount of bleach( I only use Clorox original--it's the only one that says it disinfects on the label) has been added, then let them sit for 10 minutes, take them out, rinse them and let them air dry.
    Aprilmorgans

Answer by Aprilmorgans at 12:34 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• Or maybe Lysol
    Anonymous

• Pop them in the dishwasher! Top Rack.
    good2me

Answer by good2me at 12:40 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• If you use the dishwasher...make sure anything small in contained so it doesn't fall to the bottom. Mesh netting or something of that sort.
    good2me

Answer by good2me at 12:41 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• We use bleach water in the bathtub. If you have a detachable shower head it's perfect for rinsing.
    LuVzLiFeMoMwIfE

Answer by LuVzLiFeMoMwIfE at 12:48 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• I use the diswasher--only place you can get water hot enough to sterilize without melting the plastic
    coala

Answer by coala at 1:03 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• Wash them in the dishwasher. Put them in a lingere bag and wash them in the washer. Fill the tub with hot water and cleaner.
    If you do the last method, make sure they get rinsed well. Some tub toys (not just the squirter ones) can hold water - and cleaner - inside. You don't want your child drinking it.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 1:12 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• Clorox anywhere spray
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 1:46 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• I put mine through the dishwasher and select sani-rinse. After they go through the dish washer I rinse them again with hot water to get any soap residue off and let them air dry : )
    litstargazer

Answer by litstargazer at 2:20 PM on Nov. 24, 2008