To leave a door open or to close it?

There is this father I know. and he leaves the door open when he uses the restroom ( i have had to tell him and close it at my house. He has a son and daughter the daughter is the same way. they were visiting recently and my mom was supervising my little one in the bath and the little girl wanted to go in the bathroom . my mom told her nicely to go out. she opened the door and came in again my mom told her again more firm. the little girl told her i WANT TO WATCH HER TAKE A BATH. I notice dad dresses her in supper short skirts and the end of her but short. she lifts them up. other mom's are like oh my what is she wearing. she is only 6 years old. someone told me the same day the little girl was sitting on dad lap and he kept patting it like you might a girlfriend. 

she sleeps with him when she comes for vists and climbs all over him. she calls him mommy and calls him to clean her when she use the restroom

I am not sure if there is something going on here or what but before I call child services if I am over reacting. but i find it odd that a dad would leave a door open and be ok with his daughter seeing his privites. especially in today day and age.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:54 PM on Mar. 15, 2011 in General Parenting

• Tough call. There may be nothing going on but stupidity on the father's side but there could be something going on. You could call CPS and tell them what you see and let them take it from there. If they think it needs to be investigated, they will and you do NOT have to give them your name or info. Have as much info on the father and kids as possible...full name, address, etc.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:56 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I find that really odd as well but until you know for sure I wouldnt do anything, thats a very serious accusation; my boys are 2 but i squeeze their lil butts every now and then they are just soo cute!
    My2boys0523

Answer by My2boys0523 at 9:57 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Now I have 4 kids so when they are little like potty training I let them in the potty. After say that like 4or 5 close they door. Now as for bathtime my desk sits in front of the door so I let my 4 and 6 yr old leave the door open.
    Ianmommy4

Answer by Ianmommy4 at 9:58 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• hmmmmm this seems a little strange to me. This is def gonna be a tough call. Better safe than sorry though
    ReggaeGirl

Answer by ReggaeGirl at 10:09 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I don't see anything wrong with children seeing their parent's private parts. They are a natural thing. I don't care if my son sees me naked and I won't care until he is uncomfortable. Now when we are at a friend's house or anywhere but home, I always respect people by using the utmost of privacy. So the dad is ok with his daughter seeing his penis, so what? A penis is normal. Now for the part of her being dressed like a slut, HELL no.
    CalebsMommy0220

Answer by CalebsMommy0220 at 10:56 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I have 3 children 14, 12 and 9. I have 2 boys and 1 girl. We all pee with the door open, we talk to each other or brush our teeth while someone is going. My boys will walk in on me when I am peeing and my husband still helps my DD after she has taken a shower. I think that if the child is uncomfortable then you stop, until then I personally don't think there is anything wrong with it. My DH doesn't think of our DD is a sexual way at all and she still asks him to lay down with her when it is time for bed. Sometimes if she has a bad dream at night she might come into our room and lay down with us.

As far as how she is dressed, it could just be that the dad has no idea how to dress her. Sounds like he is a single dad who only has visitation so maybe he is dressing her in the clothes the mother sends.  I would not let my DD do that although maybe he doesn't realize there is something wrong with that.

cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 4:27 AM on Mar. 16, 2011