Can an insurance company turn down my son for being a preemie

My husband has gotten a job offer but the guy said he didnt think they would cover my son. He is on ssi and has state insureance to cover his medical and speech therapy. Without it we would be in debt by millions. Just one of his meds is $300. The job is good pay is ok but with 4 kids I dont know if we can afford to lose the insueance. any ideals. Its threw a ford dealership

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:54 PM on Mar. 15, 2011 in Kids' Health

• Check with your state, some states require new insurance to cover preexisting conditions as long as there are no lapses in insurance coverage. That is according to my attorney.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:57 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• As far as I know company insurance policy's cannot turn down someone for a pre-existing condition. My son was born with cancer and hub was military, when he got out of the military we had no problem with coverage from his companies policy
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:58 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• If this is not through a group, then they can.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:31 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• If not through a company insurance, they can not.
    Obama passed the bill about children under 18 cannot be denied healthcoverage for pre-exsisting conditions.
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 10:33 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• if not through a company insurance then no but I would call your insurance company and see if they have certain restrictions and what not
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 8:41 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• It just depends on the new companies insurance plan. Findout who the plan is with and call. Just ask them what is there definition of preexisting, I have called prior to excepting insurance.
    Aries46845

Answer by Aries46845 at 12:10 PM on Mar. 21, 2011