Getting my brain out of a rut

Hi! I am a Mom of 2 who also works full time and attends college and is on dialysis. Any sane person would tell me to lighten my load some, but that is not an option. How can I get my brain out of a rut when it is stuck and influencing my mood, emotions etc at work and putting my job potentially in jeopardy?

Fractal_kitten

Asked by Fractal_kitten at 9:56 PM on Mar. 15, 2011 in Money & Work

• bowing downFirst off, kudos to you, you must be a strong-willed, determined mama. I think make sure surround yourself with positivity as much as possible. Do you have some one who will be there to always encourage you? I think that would help, to make you push yourself. Laugh often, I find that helps alot. When I'm in a bad mood, I love to listen to the Presidents of the United States of America, no matter what, their music makes me laugh. Good luck and try not to be too hard on yourself.

mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 10:05 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5u834fmOBY

sing songs that make you smile :)
    ReggaeGirl

Answer by ReggaeGirl at 10:04 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• way to goyou rock  You go girl!  Girlfriend you need some "you" time (without guilt), you so deserve it!  Laugh, laugh, laugh, and laugh some more!

mommieGem

Answer by mommieGem at 10:14 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• SMILE .. even when you don't feel like it!
    Recite a mantra of your own choosing .. something uplifting to you and positive.

Look at yourself in a mirror and repeat it every morning, then post it where you will see it often!
    I CAN DO THIS !
    I AM BEAUTIFUL !
    I AM INVINCIBLE !
    I WILL BE THE BEST I CAN BE !

Even in bad times .. the power of positive thinking, and laughter helps!
    Good luck !
    MaryJacobs

Answer by MaryJacobs at 11:06 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• thank youAll of you, thank you. Each reply in it's own way helped a lot! I am feeling much better having taken some time to just "be" and I am now redoing my morning routine so I am not so entrely lost. ALso, I learned that making sure I read "positive" things before going to work (I take public transit) and not for example..the newspaper...makes a HUGE HUGE differance.

Tomorrow will be awesome. I will show that damned manager that I am not just a slacker.

Fractal_kitten

Comment by Fractal_kitten (original poster) at 12:09 AM on Mar. 16, 2011