Please give me advice. PLEASE! I'm going to lose it.

My SO & I have a DD together. My SO needs professional help but doesn't get it . He says he knows he needs it but still hasn't gotten it. Lately he cannot handle a situation in a healthy manner. He gets angry & depressed, leaves over the smallest issue & says hurtful things to me & about himself. He's called me all types of names, says he's going to kill himself, calls himself a worthless dad & says our DD doesn't need him. He was not always like this. This morning he wanted to kill himself, told me that he loves me & he's sorry. I calmed him down & he was okay all day. Now he text me & told me he doesn't want to be with me anymore, he thinks i'm sleeping around & stuff (I'm definately NOT) but then said he wants to marry me but he doesnt have what he needs. I've stuck around, tried helping him but tonight all I could think of to say is bye forever. I love him & I KNOW he loves me. I know he doesn't mean the things he says but I just don't know what to do with this anymore. His family has even told him he needs to seek help! I'm so confused & hurt, I can only imagine how he feels. I've been depressed, I've been suicidal, I've seeked help & I know a person has to want help to get it. So what am I supposed to do?! Please no bashing, I know my SO & this IS NOT like him at all. Also, I make sure NONE of this goes on in front of DD. I'm a mama bear & do whatever it takes to protect her from negativity.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:20 PM on Mar. 15, 2011 in Relationships

• Be honest with him and tell him that if he doesn't get help, you are leaving him. This situation is not healthy for anyone, including your daughter. If he threatens suicide again and you are home with him, call the police...they may take him on a 72 hour mandatory psych hold. It may be the push he needs to get help.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:22 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Maybe just make the oppitment for him. Tell him the time and place and send his ass there. tell him you get help or your out...LOL i did that to my husband and he is still going to thearpy....
    wifecombs

Answer by wifecombs at 10:27 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• oooo girl he really does need some help and you need to drop to your knees to ask God to give you the strength ,courage, and understanding to get thur this difficult time. one you don't want you daughter to be brought up in that enviroment or to think that she has to go thur this.....maybe if you take the steps with him and go to a few session with him as he talk to someone he be more willing to do this....it sounds like he might be bipolar or mental depressed either way he needs help and you owe that to your daughter as well as your self.....you are a amazing lady and i know you have a beautiful daughter and y'all deserve the very best in life. i know its hard to stay firm and put your foot down but to be honest you have to do it. you have to do whats best for the"family"...i wish you the very best in this because it will be a journey...but you can do it. you can inbox me anythime you just need a friend
    mztxdelta

Answer by mztxdelta at 10:46 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I agree 100% with tyfry7496.
    -xoxo-

Answer by -xoxo- at 10:47 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• i agree too-- he needs help. therapy, counselor, priest, something! you should have to be drug down because of , especially since he's not willing to help himself
    Shy_Dia

Answer by Shy_Dia at 12:10 PM on Mar. 16, 2011