When in public, do you defer to your husband?

When shopping I always leave the final desision up to my huband (esp big items like furniture ) though I do definantly make my opinion known.

Also when at a restaurant I tell him what I want and he tells the waiter.

My friend thinks i'm weird but I just don't like speaking up in public.

Anyone else do this?

lstrickland

Asked by lstrickland at 10:41 PM on Mar. 15, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Whenever there is a money transaction I almost always let my husband handle it. & after I make my opinion known I let him have final say so he thinks lol. he almost always picks what I want although i do feel that he as a man should have final say in front of others.
    CrazyMommy87

Answer by CrazyMommy87 at 10:46 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• No ... we discuss it and make the final decision together or he leaves it up to me since I handle the money. However, I do let him do the "wheeling and dealing" part of it to get the best deal. He is very good at it.

In restaurants, I order what I want and he orders what he wants. The only time he orders for me is if I have to go to the bathroom and the server comes before I get back.

We are partners, neither is over the other.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 11:04 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Nope I don't. He usually leaves most decisions to me.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:43 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• no
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 10:59 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• no, b/c if i deferred to him we'd have nothing. seriously, he is the most indecisive man on earth! both of our opinions are equally valid & if we dont agree we work it out. granted, i usually "win" b/c he's so indecisive. i also order my own food, but DH usually grabs the server if i need something.

DH does most of the speaking for us on business like things, tho. when we bought our house we picked the house together, got the loan together, and spent our money...but he did the majority of the talking w/ the realtor, loan officer, insurance guy, etc. while he's indecisive he's much better with people than i am!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:15 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Nothing goes without my final say. That's his choice though.
    mommieGem

Answer by mommieGem at 11:27 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• no, if i don't make a decision, my husband would stand there for hours looking at me and waiting lol
    tirelessefforts

Answer by tirelessefforts at 12:17 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Nope, I'm a pretty confident person. I cannot imagine the look on his face if I asked him to order for me. LOL
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 2:32 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• That's his choice though
    >>>>>>>
    mommieGem, would you be ok with it if he chose differently?
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 2:34 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• major decisions we make together. i usually let him have final say because he tends to make better big decisions than i do, he will ask me for my top 3 picks/reasons and then desides. only in really nice restaurants will he order for me (and it has been so long i can remember).
    tiffanyv123

Answer by tiffanyv123 at 8:48 AM on Mar. 16, 2011