My daughter urine has such a strong smell!

For the past 3 days my daughter urine has been so strong. It can be smelled across the room. I am giving her lots of fluids. She has been running a slight fever for about 2 days, pretty low grade though. Maybe a bladder infection?

amber1330

Asked by amber1330 at 10:48 PM on Mar. 15, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Give her some cranberry juice if she'll drink it. It won't "cure" it, but it will help if she has one.

And definitely take her to the doctor if you're concerned.
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 10:50 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Ok, I will try that. I plan I making her a doctors appt. In the morning. I am just curious on what it could be.
    amber1330

Comment by amber1330 (original poster) at 10:52 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Doctor ASAP UTI you do not want this going to her kidney.
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 10:53 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Thank you! I looked up bladder infections and UTI's in toddlers and I will be getting her into the doc first thing tomorrow morning! I cannot believe I let this go on for 3 days. I truly thought she wasn't getting enough fluids. Thank you girls for all your help :)
    amber1330

Comment by amber1330 (original poster) at 11:03 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Yes!! Go ASAP! Get some low sugar cranberry juice tonight until you can go tomorrow. Cranberry juice helps the bladder rid the walls of bacteria.
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 11:10 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I happened to have some on hand. I tend to. Get uti's so I drink it daily. I gave her a full sippie of it. She drank the whole thing thank goodness. I was worried she would turn her nose up to it.
    amber1330

Comment by amber1330 (original poster) at 11:15 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Hope she feels better soon!!
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 11:18 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Yes take her to dr asap thar kind of stuff can put in the hospital, have them check her kidneys too they might not be flushing her out as they should hope she feels better
    kennysmom09

Answer by kennysmom09 at 9:05 AM on Mar. 17, 2011