Sippy Cup recommendations

My 16 month old son has the NUBI sippies with the silicone tops that you have to bite down on a little bit to get the milk out, only thing is he is continuously just chewing on them to the point that they no longer work and the milk just pours straight out if the cup is tipped. He absolutely will NOT take the hard tops where you just suck on it. Any recommendations on sippy cups to try or tips on how to break him from the habit of chewing? He is wearing the tops down in less than 2 weeks time.

ADULT.CONTENT

Asked by ADULT.CONTENT at 10:53 PM on Mar. 15, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Give him the hard tips and nothing else. At some point he will want a drink badly enough to use it. I have 4 boys and I had that problem with each of them....drove me nuts! It took a day or so for them to get use to it but they did it. As long as he's still eating you aon't have to woory about him dehydrating if he doesn't drink right away(that was a fear of mine but our pedi said it's be ok for a day or 2 as long as they ate)
    how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 10:57 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Oh this is going to be a long adventure lol, but I will try it. Thank you for the advise.
    ADULT.CONTENT

Comment by ADULT.CONTENT (original poster) at 11:05 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I love the playtex brand cups that are hard tips but they have locking lids on them so they don't leak and stuff either. My daughter loves them. I would recommend trying the playtex brand. Gl momma.
    Bamzakarat

Answer by Bamzakarat at 11:09 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• haha...oh yeah! I have no doubts that you'll enjoy a few fits, some crying....and you know there is just no reasoning with them at that age! lol It tends to be a stressful couple of days but I found that when the fits started and I handed them the cup and walked away.....they kind of gave up but would try again later. I'd just repeat the handing of the cup and the walking away from any tantrums and they soon gave in. I'm wishing you tons of luck!!!
    how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 11:15 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Taking both of your advise thank you ladies very much
    ADULT.CONTENT

Comment by ADULT.CONTENT (original poster) at 11:28 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I need help with this too actually lol I'm just so very glad he's not on the bottle anymore!
    jspenny2705

Answer by jspenny2705 at 7:17 PM on Mar. 16, 2011