kittens bad?

i dont get it? how is having a kitten bad? ive had mine for 3 weeks now and me n the baby are just fine....my bf cleans the litter box..not me...

so whats the deal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:40 PM on Nov. 24, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I forgot the reason why but just keep letting your Bf clean the litter box. I know you aren't supposed to or if you do wear gloves.

Anonymous

• i dont even smell it..i heard the smell of it is bad...but my doctors said the baby is growing fine, moving fine, heartbeat is fine..everything is going according to plan
    Anonymous

• It's not the KITTEN - it's the litter box.

Keep him cleaning it.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 12:49 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• in the poop is a bacteria called toxoplasmosis (i think I spelled it right) but it can cause serious damage to the fetus if you come into contact with the poo. Just keep your bf cleaning the box. My DD and I are fine and I had 3 cats while pregnant.
    coala

Answer by coala at 12:55 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• It's the little box thats all. But my doctor also said that Id I wear gloves and a mask thing I should be fine to change it. Also if I play with the cat after he uses the little just wash your hands well after words. Epically if you are going to eat after words. But I would still make him keep cleaning it. One lest thing you have to worrie about.
    Amber1109

Answer by Amber1109 at 12:55 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• cats are fine. I have had them my whole life. My husbands family kept trying to tell me that they were bad the whole time I was pregnant.
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 1:51 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• i dont trust cats around babies, '

their sneaky....like a snake in the grass ....giving them mean looks with their eyes.

i dont like it at all, but im more of a dogg person anyway

Anonymous

• It's called toxoplasmosis... you can get it from cleaning the litter so just keep your b/f doing it. You can get it from planting (digging in soil) too.
    Anyways, a side from that just make sure the cat is "nice" around the baby... maybe de-claw it. There IS such thing as cat scratch fever! Trust me, I got it when I was little. I got scratched by my kitten on the leg and it puffed up and got infected. They has to stick needles in to take the puss out... it was awful. I think it's from dirty nails, like scratching in the littler box then scratching you.
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 2:05 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• It's the ammonia in the cat's urine that is harmful and can be fatal to your baby. As long as your BF cleans the box often, you and the baby should be fine.

BTW, Cat Scratch Fever happens when a cat is allowed to be an outdoor cat. If it's strictly an indoor cat and NEVER goes outside, then chances are you wouldn't get it from your cat.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 2:10 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• it the litter not the cat
    dewey_scoles

Answer by dewey_scoles at 2:41 PM on Nov. 24, 2008