A question for moms that lost hair post pregnancy?

Ok so I am wondering if after you lost hair did it come back to the same thickness when it was done?
With my first two pregnancies my hair got thicker but didnt fall out after words. With my third it's falling out in handfulls. My hair is super thick so I am hoping that when all is said and done that it will not go back to being super thick.

perksmom

Asked by perksmom at 12:43 PM on Nov. 24, 2008 in General Parenting

• My hair was never as thick as it was during pregnancy - and I was glad of it. But my hair was not thin to begin with. The hair loss was gross - just mounds and mounds.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 12:48 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• I am 4 months pp and I am still losing by the handfuls--it is gross. I hope that it stops soon or I may end up bald.
    coala

Answer by coala at 12:50 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• well i know that you get thicker hair as you're pregnant, and then you lose it after you have your baby. i had thicker hair, and i have hair coming out, but not buy handfulls, just some strands every time i brush and wash my hair
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 12:52 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• My son is almost 7months old now...and I'm still losing hair...it isn't as bad as is was before but still coming out in handfuls....my hair seems thinner then it was before but maybe thats 'cuz I'm remembering my "preggo hair". Hopefulling I stop losing hair soon!
    Dabugg698

Answer by Dabugg698 at 12:53 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• I lost hair after both my kids where born- but not that much. Maybe if it is a lot you may need to talk to your doctor about getting on a multivitamin. Are you bfing- maybe your body is just depleated and needs extra vitamins.
    litstargazer

Answer by litstargazer at 2:25 PM on Nov. 24, 2008