Do you ever have your child's picture taken and only buy the "7.99" packages?

Like...I always feel stupid ONLY buying the promotional packages photography studios have. They always guilt and pressure me into spending like $80 on pictures, and I end up with way more than I need. It's like they get mad if I only want the advertised package.

What about you, have you ever gone and ONLY bought the cheap, one pose package?

LovingSAHMommy

Asked by LovingSAHMommy at 11:11 PM on Mar. 15, 2011 in Shopping

• There were lots and lots of times the promo was all we could afford. I had one girl really give me the full court press hard sell. I finally looked at her and said "I'll agree to buy the more expensive stuff if you agree to buy food for the week that we won't have any" She shut up pretty darn quick. Don't feel guilty. Lots and LOTS of people don't buy just the promo package. They are NOT losing any money. Now that everything is digital they lose even less they only print what you see and choose on the screen.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 11:14 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I do all the time. I have been pressured, but only the first couple of times. If you buy the portrait package at JCPennys they always select a second pose and sell you those prints for 7-8 bucks a sheet.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:13 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• We have only gone to Picture People thus far. Each time we went we didnt pay for the session, got sevearl shots taken, waited on like everyone else to look through the shots then we only end up ordering like two copies seroiusly for our own wall that is it! It's $18 per sheet so we get like I dont know a 5x7, only got two the first year then three the second. However, we went to two different locations & were not impressed with everything over all, our pictures are eh decent just didnt feel like the photographers gave overly great suggestions for poses & when we go to look through it all we're like really that was it thats all we got well guess we'll go with this one haha Of course different stores wont be the same.
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 11:14 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• every time
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 11:17 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• YES I SURE DO....... its your money not theirs... and its your pictures
    jenny2150

Answer by jenny2150 at 11:22 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I just tell them as soon as I go in that I have a coupon and then when it is time to preview the pics, I make sure to tell them I am only buying the package.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:24 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• That's all I ever buy when i do pictures.
    mommytoJames512

Answer by mommytoJames512 at 11:51 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• When I have had pictures done and we sit down to pick out the pose-- I tell them to save the time and energy b/c I will only be purchasing the portrait package. We have only had pictures done professionally 3 times and I wasn't impressed at either place. I used Olan Mills twice and Sears once. I will have to try some different studios. I think they just get people off the street and not actual photographers to do it.
    coala

Answer by coala at 12:20 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• If that is all I want.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 11:19 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Ok, ladies, you're giving me the courage to do it, I think, and stand up to them, lol! Keep it comin'. I just always end up with like 50 extra pictures that we don't need, so I'm sick of being pressured, dammit, lol!
    LovingSAHMommy

Comment by LovingSAHMommy (original poster) at 11:19 PM on Mar. 15, 2011