Donate Money to Japan?

That seems to be the hot topic this very moment. What are your views?

mommieGem

Asked by mommieGem at 11:14 PM on Mar. 15, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I think it's great if people donate it. Those poor people need as much help as they can get!
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:20 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I agree about donating, as we have for so many natural disasters. Japan would be the same but I sure as heck hope, when the big one hits America, that other countries find compassion to come to our aid. America can't always bail people out.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:48 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I bought a farmville giftcard and donated it on facebook 100 percent of the proceeds go to Japan save the childrens fund. Last time zynga the game company raised I think a million to the haiti victems. I think even a little amount would help at this point.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 11:58 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I would love to donate money but the one question I have is, who is held accountable to see to it that the money goes where it is supposed to go. I remember donating money for Hurricane Katrina and quite a bit of the donations can't be accounted for. Which makes it very difficult when making that decision. I'm just going to take my time before I decide which organization I write my check to.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 12:06 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I would love to donate money but the one question I have is, who is held accountable to see to it that the money goes where it is supposed to go. I remember donating money for Hurricane Katrina and quite a bit of the donations can't be accounted for. Which makes it very difficult when making that decision. I'm just going to take my time before I decide which organization I write my check to. "

That's exactly how I feel. I'd rather donate supplies and such than money.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:34 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• The American Red Cross is safe to donate money to.

banana-bear

Answer by banana-bear at 12:56 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• It shouldn't be about tit for tat. It should be given because these people are in need. They need money, supplies, medicine. Red cross / red crescent... Medicines Sans Frontiers.... all good charities to donate to.
    Piskie

Answer by Piskie at 3:56 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I won't donate to just any clicky link(I notice there is one on Yahoo) I have donated to a local group. See if there is a church or a group going or sending items. Just make sure you know what the money will be used for.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:56 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I work at a private school that has many international boarding students, including a few from Japan. We as a community have decided to put together some sort of fundraiser where many of us will be donating. I like this idea better than donating to a huge organization. FOR ME - this works on a much more intimate and smaller scale.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 9:56 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• We donated $50 to the red cross. I think if you feel the need to donate then you should, if not, then dont.

Answer by gemgem at 9:57 AM on Mar. 16, 2011