35wks and 1cm dialted

so i went in to the drs last week at 34wks and was dialted to a 1 and baby is very very low. im due for a c section at 39wks and he said i might not make it to that date but no way of really telling for sure. Has anyone had this happen to them did you go into labor befor your due date or c section date? or did you hang out for several weeks? Im having a c section because this is my third baby and my other two had to be delivered by c section due to complications durring delivery. iv never dialted so eary in a pregnancy befor and my other two were never has low as this one is right now.

Jaxsmommy09

Asked by Jaxsmommy09 at 11:14 PM on Mar. 15, 2011 in Pregnancy

• It doesn't really mean much, sorry. Baby will come when she/he is ready.

I was 5 cm dilated and 60% effaced at 36 weeks and didn't have my baby until 40 weeks.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 11:21 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• i wasnt even dilated at 36 weeks.. 2 days after my appointment i had my baby. with my other two i had to be induced they didnt want to come out!
    the baby will come when their ready!
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 11:25 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• my second i was dialated at 2 cm at 35 weeks.. at 37 weeks i was 3.5 cms.. i went into labor at 39 weeks.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:57 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• These ladies basically said it: I've had women dilated to 4cm for months and nothing, and others who weren't dilated one day and were holding their newborn the next. Cervical checks really, really don't mean anything. Even Baby dropping doesn't mean anything. I didn't drop until my water broke. Some women drop at 30 weeks, and deliver at 41. None of it is an indicator of labor, except labor.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:36 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I'm another one who was dialated to 2 cm from 36 weeks until I had him at 41 weeks
    PrincessPeach06

Answer by PrincessPeach06 at 2:59 PM on Mar. 16, 2011