Do you have a teenage driver?

I have a son that turns 15 on Thursday so I have another year to go before he can drive. Scary! Kids nowadays have so many distractions. You know how they can't live without the cell phone. Sometimes I think that is the worst invention ever. Too many people text and drive or talk on it and drive, not just teenagers.

horsesteelers

Asked by horsesteelers at 11:15 PM on Mar. 15, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• I have a 16 yr old driver, it is scary. We live in a small rural community and I refuse to let him drive anywhere outside of town right now. I just worry a lot. I worry about the texting and driving too and we talk about it alot.
    The main issue I have is the kid can't back up without hitting something, I have no idea why this is, but apparently he doesn't know how to use the mirrors on the car. So I need to work on that.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 11:28 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• My dh friend died because she was texting and driving. Very sad.
    Hatsumomo

Answer by Hatsumomo at 12:41 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I don't have a child that age yet, But I had to finesh raising my lil brother when he was 16, couse my mom passed away. He's 19 now but I did help him get his permit. I worried a little that he wouldn't pay attention, But when I ever I went somewhere I would let him drive. I watched his driving and he was a good driver, so I was little more at ease about letting him drive my car.
    Kimberly71682

Answer by Kimberly71682 at 11:27 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• so take the phone away and you taught him right tell to pull over or wait till he comes home to make the miss calls
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 12:25 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• My daughter and her boyfriend signed a pledge not to drink or drive, or to text or talk on their cell phones while driving. :)
    MomofJJS

Answer by MomofJJS at 11:19 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• Yes, I have a 17 year old son that has been driving for almost a year now. He is very aware of the rights and wrongs of driving and is a very cautious (spelling) driver, even corrects his father and I ...LOL No matter how careful a driver they are it is the other "crazy ones" that I worry about.. You just have to take it one day at a time and every morning when he leaves for school, I say : Dear Lord, he is out of my sight just please keep him in Your sight and keep your hands on him.. It is a very scary thing for the parents I think!!!
    mom19931964

Answer by mom19931964 at 12:55 PM on Mar. 27, 2011