My nieces b-day party is this weekend HELP!

IT is my nieces b-day tomorrow (3-16-11) my MIL and I are trying to throw her a party... We want a big bang for VERY little bucks!! She's turning 12 and this will be her first b-day without her dad.. He passed away from a brain tumor last April (she was a total daddys girl)... Then to top it off her mom just lost her job.... I used to watch her girls while she worked 3rd shift so I lost my extra money.. And my MIL just ran out of unemployment and is still going to college to get a job. She really deserves a good party because with all that she's been through she is still on the honor roll... and just as sweet as can be.. a really good person in general. Thanks!

k.stark

Asked by k.stark at 11:21 PM on Mar. 15, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• Dollar Tree they have some cute more older children decorative stuff plus their spring stuff is out now. Get some paper lanterns (2pk $1), they have garland in the party section that is circles & all sparkly. Hunt around the store I bet you can find some cute decorative things that she can then put in her bedroom afterwards. Are you having a party with friends? Make it a sleepover? You could have her invite just a couple friends, get them a movie or two, then popcorn & icecream. You can also pick up things for mani/pedis for cheap too at the Dollar Store or Walmart. Have her ask the friends to bring their fave polish colors but you can buy those toe seperaters & gems to stick to their nails or something. I'm sure you can also find some fun no money games off google, cant think of any off the top of my head for her age, hm maybe something will come to me.
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 11:25 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• We are giving my oldest a "Minute to Win It" party. The best part is that you have most of the things needed already. I would buy a timer and some small prizes and have a blast. If you look at the MTWI website it tells you how to set all of the games up at your own home.

Then I would buy some cheap snacks like popcorn and candy and have FUN! It really should be a pretty cheap and fun party.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:28 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Spag Drop Game - Set empty soda bottle on floor, get bowl of cooked spag, have kids stand on a chair next to bottle & have them attempt to drop pieces into the bottle

Make a target & hang up on wall. Give kids a not inflated ballon & have them stand so far from the target. Have the kid blow up the balloon then let it go towards the target. Mark the spot they hit whomever is closet wins.

Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 11:31 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Blind Makeover - Blindfold one of the girls & have her sit down while the other girls make her over. Make sure to have each girl do it so nobody feels weird/dumb. Ask the girls to bring their own make up to share.
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 11:36 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• honestly the dollar store can give you lots of party supplies and favors for really cheap.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:00 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Thanks! we're going with the sleep over thing!! I can't wait... she's gonna do the sleep over next weekend instead of this weekend.. so she can invite her own friends! :)
    k.stark

Comment by k.stark (original poster) at 12:56 AM on Mar. 16, 2011