Should i be worried

my 22 month dd loves to be super active she jumps runs and dances all day long but she can only say like 10 words if that and shes no where close to putting a sentence together should i be worried

luckygurl17

Asked by luckygurl17 at 11:30 PM on Mar. 15, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• childten develope at different ages. But if your that worried then contact you doc.
    Parka54

Answer by Parka54 at 11:33 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• not at all. every child is different and all develop differently. My advice is to get her more active with other children or children that are no more than 1-2 years old than her and she will pick up from them as well. My son started talking more around age 3 i think and putting sentences together
    080583heather

Answer by 080583heather at 11:33 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Nope. As long as she's trying that's all that matters. Every child is different and every child speaks at different rates.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:37 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• No. My eldest daughter barely spoke a word (we could understand) until she was nearly 3, but she's now a healthy happy and very clever teenager. She gets As and Bs in school and barely ever shuts up! All kids are different and I think the ones that are slow to talk are just too busy listening and learning. :)
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 11:49 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Every child is different. But if you are concerned about her speech, I would start with getting her hearing tested. Two of my children have some degree of hearing loss.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:10 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• two of my sibling and me have all had a speech impediment so I'm just hoping that its not hereditary

luckygurl17

Comment by luckygurl17 (original poster) at 12:33 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• children learn and develop at different ages, but if you are worried ask your doctor, they should be able to help you.
    RACINGMANIA

Answer by RACINGMANIA at 10:18 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Some children take quicker to motor skills than speech. It's easy to be worried about it though in that situation..my husband had a speech impediment and we've had have checkups for our ds to check out his glands because that's what my husband's derived from, thankfully he's just fine and there's a good chance your dd is too :) Good Luck momma :)
    jspenny2705

Answer by jspenny2705 at 7:21 PM on Mar. 16, 2011