How many days after you finish your period do you start ovulating?

i had my IUD taken out this past wednesday. I got my period on friday wasnt heavy and only lasted 2 days. so when is it best to start trying for baby number 3.

supermomofgirls

Asked by supermomofgirls at 12:49 PM on Nov. 24, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• Wait till your periods start getting back to normal to get an accurate Ovulation Day. Online they have calendars that can help you. They work, thats how I got pregnant!... Another way is.. You start with the first day of your period, go forward two weeks, whatever day that is.. add a day in front of it and a day behind it... Those three days are your most fertile days.

Good Luck to you!
    Anonymous

• You ovulate 14 days from the first day of your last period. So lets say you started your period today 11/24 you would ovulate on Dec 8. This is of course if you have a 28 day cycle and are regular. If you have a 30 day cycle then you would ovulate on day 15.

Answer by gemgem at 1:56 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• not every woman ovulates on day 14. that is myth. the usual range is from cycle day 11-cycle day 16. you can also tell by your cervical fluid.
    sterlids

Answer by sterlids at 2:50 PM on Nov. 24, 2008