Depressed on my birthday...

I hate to say that I am sad on my birthday. You know why? Because my boyfriend have the nerve to not even call and say 'happy birthday'. He didn't even say that he had plans for us to go out or any gifts. I think I deserve one from him due to the fact that we went through a lot.

I met him online, and we hitted off instantly, but I actually caught him talking to other women a year ago because I made a fake profile and contacted him. He fell for it! I know that sounds really bad to do that in a relationship but I just felt that I had to know and when I confronted him, he just looked stupid and claimed that he was sorrry and lonely because he just wanted a friend to talk to, so I let that slide. Which was stupid, but I still can't trust him and that's my problem. Now it seems like he doesn't care. Should I trust him? Is that a sign to move on?

I'm sorry I had to vent!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:06 PM on Nov. 24, 2008 in Relationships

• on your birthday you have been given a rare gift: clarity. use this unique opportunity to drop some unnecessary burdens...
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 2:50 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• happy birthday...don't feel bad, my dh forgot mine!
    Anonymous

• damn. id be pissed if mine forgot my bday. he knows better than that. especially since ours are like three weeks apart. but who knows. maybe he will surprise you later. if not then get mad. and dont speak to you. make him figure it out.
    NATTY567

Answer by NATTY567 at 1:43 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• forget him then, why are you staying with a man that doesn't love you enough to remember your birthday and then was talking to other girls not to long ago. if your sad i can't help to think you picked him and this is how he is then expect to be sad often cause he doesn't seem as if he loves you very much. find someone that does. don't play games decide if you can accept him and if you can don't complain if you don't like how much he treats you bad then leave. it's as simple as that.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 2:42 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• GIve yourself a present - drama free year!

He sounds like bad news. Ugh. Give him up. Concentrate on yourself.

(But just for future reference, I totally broadcast the CRAP out of my birthday every year - it's the big 41 this year and I'm rather obnoxious about it. I love birthdays!!!!)

And I love figaro8895's answer!!!!
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 3:04 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• He remembered a few days ago, but when last night he claimed he was sick. That's okay, I will just ignore his calls and move on.
    Anonymous

• Vent? Why aren't you breaking up with him.
    Waxing_Lyrical

Answer by Waxing_Lyrical at 6:25 PM on Nov. 29, 2008