When is it a "good" time to have baby #2 after you've just had baby #1?

I'm an only child and have planned all my life to have 4-5 kids. My daughter is going to be 6ths, we have talked and decided that baby #2 should come at lease two years later. But for some reason we both dont really wanna wait that long! When would #2 be best to come? How old should big sis be? And is anyone ever really ready for baby #2?

karminia

Asked by karminia at 12:06 AM on Mar. 16, 2011 in General Parenting

• i have five
    john31,josh27,jeff,26,nina22,nick18 so you can do what i did or go my mothers way
    ever two or three yrs she had and 14 kids later
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 12:12 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• that's up to you. I have 3. One is a male 34, second is a 31 yr old daughter and the last is 19 daughter. the 2 oldest one are closer but both protect the youngest. If you wait too long you have the problem of the oldest feeling resentment towards the baby. I would not have them back to back. I would wait a couple of years between them.
    Parka54

Answer by Parka54 at 12:31 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• My kids are 17 months apart. It's really up to you and your husband how you space your kids. It's tough having them close in age, but I really like it. I've heard it's easier in the long run for them to be close...
    But again no one else can tell you how to space your kiddos.
    cdecker83

Answer by cdecker83 at 1:26 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I have 3 children and my older 2 are exactly 2 years apart. My are both in March 2 weeks apart. My 3rd child 2 1/2 years younger then my middle one. Right now they are 14, 12, and 9. I had not problem going from 1 child to 2 children, it was harder going from2 children to 3 children. I will also say if you are going to have 3 children then you should just go for a 4th child. If my DH would have wanted more children I would have had a 4th child. He didn't want anymore so we only have the 3, I am okay with that.

Good Luck!

cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 4:18 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• My boys are 13 months apart and it has been rough. My older kids are 25, 20 and 17. I had an easier time when they were spaced a bit. I would never have two in diapers at the same time ever again. My boys are now 4 and 5. It is getting better and I think once my 5 yr old goes to school in the fall things will calm down even more....but it was a tough road for about at least the first 3 yrs.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:04 AM on Mar. 16, 2011