What would a good side job be for a mom who already works a 8-5 job?

I would like to get some extra money to help us with some bills, but i dont want to be away from my daughter all day! What would be a great side job that i could possibly do at home that doesnt take that much time to do?

karminia

Asked by karminia at 12:09 AM on Mar. 16, 2011 in Money & Work

• Babysitting. Not childcare but babysitting for a few hours maybe.
    Bamzakarat

Answer by Bamzakarat at 12:10 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• maybe avon, offering to clean for family members or friends who may need help for some cash.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 12:19 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I agree with the babysitting post. As a mom who works second shift, it's very hard to find babysitters during the evening!
    EverydayMomma

Answer by EverydayMomma at 12:57 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• babysitting and cleaning houses for friends or family
    shellychivell

Answer by shellychivell at 4:15 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely?
    You can search for jobs that match you skill set and have a telecommute option.
    If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org, www.iavoa.com, www.vanetworking.com ..
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization (along with medical billing), I also do career and job search coaching.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:33 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Consider a home business. One that you can seriouly leverage your time. By working your business one to two nights a week (weeknight or weekend), you can grow a significant business. Look at a business with consumable products that are currently in demand and in line with current timings and trends. I can can tell you about what I do. I started my business while working FT in a super stressful job that I needed to get out of. The greatest thing is that you can grow your business alongside whatever you are currently doing by devoting approximately 10-15 hours per week. The trick is you have to treat it as a true business and not a hobby. Good luck with your search...just something to consider.
    marywoz

Answer by marywoz at 3:39 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• www.guyandeva.com/polly

Really, just check it out and read about it. No pressure, no contact unless you want to be contacted. :)
    romanceparty4u

Answer by romanceparty4u at 10:33 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• How about a home business .. that's what I do.
    I started a year ago, working it just a few hours a week around my job and family schedule.
    It's doing well enought that soon, I will be quitting my job and working just the home business.
    This will allow me for family time and gives me enough money to not only pay my bills but actually have some "extras" !
    It's not for everyone, but has turned out really great for me!

Good luck !
    MaryJacobs

Answer by MaryJacobs at 1:22 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I am a PartyLite Consultant and it is a great to make a little extra money you can check out my website for more information! www.partylite.biz/StephanieR I hope this helps!!! You can also call this recorded message it tells you a little about direct sales and partylite and it is only 10 min. Just dial 1-605-475-4845 and access code is 749407# and click # for current call. Have a Great Day!!!
    CandleQueen627

Answer by CandleQueen627 at 11:34 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• https://my2scents.scentsy.us

Scentsy is a really great company. I do make good money and I love their products. I'd love to help with any questions if you're interested.
    NicoR

Answer by NicoR at 5:16 PM on Mar. 17, 2011