Any one have their spleen removed or know of anyone?

Did u have this removed or know of any one who has? Why did that have it removed? Any complictions? Im might have to have mine removed . I heard it can have a lot of complications

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:27 AM on Mar. 16, 2011 in Health

• My fil had his taken out years ago, like 30 or so years ago. He was in an accident and had to have it taken out because of heavy bleeding. He's basically healthy, no issues that go back to having no spleen. I mean he's 65 and he's lived a hard life, recovering alcoholic, lived way up north on construction sites, did heavy construction, etc, so he's had some issues, but nothing that is because of his spleen. Good luck!
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 12:45 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I have 2 friends that have had tehm removed. The first was because he feel on a stick and basically if they didn't take it out he would die, his spleen was cut in half. He has not had any problems that I am aware of and he had it taken out like 8 years ago. Another friend had hers removed, although I cannot remember why. I don't believe she has had any problems with her either.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 3:57 AM on Mar. 16, 2011