Which baby formula would you start with?

Ok my son is horribly allergic to milk proteins so we had to do alimentum for him, his case is kind of extreme and we do have kind of a family history but it's only like 1 in 5 kids in my family have the allergy. So it's not terribly likely that our next baby will have the allergy. FYI we are on WIC and without a concrete diagnosis they will not give us Alimentum what they will let us choose from is the regular similac, the lactose free Similac(my husbands family has a strong family history of lactose intolerance) ,or Isomil which is the soy.
So considering all that what formula would you start with? Just start with the regular and go from there or maybe the soy.

lizziebreath

Asked by lizziebreath at 12:30 AM on Mar. 16, 2011 in General Parenting

• If there is history, I would start with the soy. But I would def ask his doctor and she what he/she says. They can probably give you a better idea of what to do. Gl momma.
    Bamzakarat

Answer by Bamzakarat at 12:35 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Milk protiens as in breast milk too? Wow that would be rough. I would wait, see what happens and try like hell to get a doctor to write WIC a script for the formula that works best for him...not what WIC wants to pay for.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:02 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Honestly? I would nurse, and cut all casein out of my diet. If for some reason that were impossible, I would ask the doctor which they'd recommend, and start there.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 1:35 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Krysta I tried that last time he just can't have milk,and it was aggrivated by my oversupply syndrome honestly I would not try that again.
    lizziebreath

Comment by lizziebreath (original poster) at 2:10 PM on Mar. 16, 2011