Craving Ice!?

I'm 39 weeks pregnant with my second child, and in the last 3 weeks I've been craving ice. My doctor says all my blood work is normal and that eating ice isn't bad for me or the baby so go for it! I've never had continuous cravings like this with either my first one or for most of the second. I was just wondering what is the weirdest craving you've had?

amygoetsch

Asked by amygoetsch at 12:56 AM on Mar. 16, 2011 in Pregnancy

• did your dr check your iron. I ask cause that is a sypmtom of low iron.
    ready4baby2011

Answer by ready4baby2011 at 12:58 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• That is a really strange craving! At least it's not fattening!! LOL. Good luck and baby dust to you and your little one
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 12:59 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Yup that was included in my blood work. My doc said sometimes pregnant women crave ice late in pregnancy when they are in great discomfort, and for some reason ice/ cold water seems to relieve it?
    amygoetsch

Comment by amygoetsch (original poster) at 1:01 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I also craved ice...lol... Everyone always asked why I constantly had a glass of ice chips. I literally bought a bag of ice almost everytime I went to the store (because I didnt like our faucet water). With my first TWO i craved ice...with my youngest daughter it was m and m's...lol...
    momof3skk

Answer by momof3skk at 1:20 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• i too crave ice, this is my fourth pragnancy and the only one where i've craved ice. I have been slightly anemic with all 4 pregnancies so I have to take iron pills
    tracys_75

Answer by tracys_75 at 2:58 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• O man I crave ice ALL the time and Im only 18 weeks lol My fiance says I chomp on it like a cow does high grass
    LilMama0620

Answer by LilMama0620 at 4:40 PM on Mar. 16, 2011