How to lose weight.

Tell me how you did it. The real way. Not what you read as healthy from the medical notebooks online or how is the proper way to lose weight. Give the truth. Even if it's something as nasty as laxatives. you can make it anonymous if your tempted to lie from embarrassment.

TiffanieK

Asked by TiffanieK at 1:02 AM on Mar. 16, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I've had six kids, had Gestational Diabetes so I gained at least 30lbs with each one, but I'm now a slim 110lbs. How? Being slim is more important to me than food. I'd rather be hungry than fat. Quite a simple case of where's your priorities, really.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 1:06 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• How did you fight the hunger?
    TiffanieK

Comment by TiffanieK (original poster) at 1:08 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Google empty calorie foods........i feel up on fruit a lot! But if you eat empty calorie and even if you eat alot it is beeter than what we were probably doing otherwise! Drank LOTS of water also!
    harris4

Answer by harris4 at 1:15 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I bought a bodybugg, tracked my calorie burn and intake, tweaked my diet, and began working out 6 days per week. I started in December 09 at 167 lbs, 5'1" and a size 12. 9 months later, I was 110 lbs and a size 0.
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 7:40 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I did the best when I walked every day for about 45 minutes. I find it hard to stay motivated though.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:21 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• First leaving yourself hungry like the first poster is NOT the healthy way, that's borderline eating disorder. Your body needs food. I'm losing about 2-5 pounds a week depending on how many calories I burn. I'm eating healthy lean proteins (salmon, tilapia, chicken, ground turkey, shrimp), healthy whole grain carbs (oats, barley, quinoa, brown rice, etc) and lots of veggies such as spinach, broccoli, tomatoes, peppers, garlic, onions, as well as beans, greek yogurt, fruits, nuts, etc etc. I'm eating roughly 1300 calories a day and making sure to burn at least 500 in exercise everyday (that on top of calories burned in daily activity adds up).

I cut out hydrogentaed fats, artificial sweeteners, high fructose corn syrup and other crap. I buy as much organic as I can to avoid pesticides and GMO foods.

I walk/jog, use my air climber, dance, lift weight and do DVD's for exercise.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 8:53 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I'm eating clean, and so far, I've lost 54 lbs. It's made a HUGE difference!!! Here's my journal with the basics.  It's all about small, frequent meals (which means you're never starving!), eliminating processed foods, and consuming lean proteins, fruits, veggies, whole grains, and lean dairy products.  It's REALISTIC, which is nice, and it's all about PERMANENT changes, not the "diet" mentality, which just slows your metabolism.  I'm also running 3 days a week and biking 2, as well as doing some strength training 3-4 days a week.  I'm not always perfect with either my food or my exercise, but no one is perfect, and I don't let it totally derail me when I slip up.

musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:15 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I cut my calories to 1500 per day and started working out with the Wii FIt and jazzercise episodes I DVR'd for 30-45 minutes 5 days per week. Eventually I worked my way up to running and more difficult workout dvds and lost 30 pounds from March to October 2009. I love love love to eat so I work very hard now.
    PrincessPeach06

Answer by PrincessPeach06 at 2:10 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I bought a WiiFit Plus and spent five nights a week for 45 minutes on it. I drank a lot of water, too; at least 64 fl oz every single day. We don't really have the room in our new place for it, so I haven't used it since July.

Since July, I've been drinking a lot of water and coffee and have been majorly stressed. I also usually only eat once a day. Couple that with a fairly active (not every single day but sometimes 2-3 times a week) sex life, and I've lost two inches in my waist and about 15 pounds.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 12:42 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Burn more calories than you consume. That's it. If you do that you WILL loose.
    Samanthamommy

Answer by Samanthamommy at 2:47 AM on Mar. 17, 2011