Anger keeping me awake

DD is 2, for a long time now I've heard a lot of negative criticism from mom and sis in law about her, and about me as a parent. I was told b/c I am a stay at home mom and she doesn't go to daycare she will be less developed than other kids when she goes to kindergarden. When she was 15 months they said she should be saying please, so we would keep things from her since she wouldn't say it, she 'finally' started saying it around 18-19 months, they said this was so late. She should be saying more sentences. She should say more words. She is not well behaved.
Also I don't know how to dress her. I could go on and on but this will turn into a novel and I know no one on here wants to read something so long.
It's officially keeping me up at night. I wish I lived further from them. But we see eachother weekly.

Not sure how to get over the anger?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:16 AM on Mar. 16, 2011 in General Parenting

• you"ll get over the anger when you tell them that you're not going to hear anymore of their critisism. when you get it all off your chest you'll feel better and they won't say anything anymore because they'll be scared you'll go off on them again. tell them exactly how you feel and don't bother to spare their feelings since they didn't spare yours. tell them that you are going to raise your child and if they know how to parent so well, then parent their own children. check with a doctor on progress with her age and they will tell you if something is wrong with her progress.
    TiffanieK

Answer by TiffanieK at 1:53 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• your daughter is perfectly fine unless the doctors say differnt when she goes in for check ups. secondly its none of thier damn business how you dress her. YOU BUY THE CLOTHES NOT THEM!!!! tell them to shut up and deal with how you are or tell them you will be seeing less of them (if you dont live with them lol) also my son will be 3 and hes was in daycare for 6 months before he was one. and hes a really smart child. as long as you work with your daughter there shouldnt be behiind in anyway.
    shellychivell

Answer by shellychivell at 1:20 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Be too busy to see them for awhile. Tell them what you are hearing them say and that you do not want to have that any longer. If they cannot stop you will have to discontinue contact.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 1:27 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

TiffanieK

Answer by TiffanieK at 1:54 AM on Mar. 16, 2011