Does anyone have a boss who treats the pregnant women worse (discrimanates) and won't work with restrictions.

Where I work myself and all the pregnant women get treated harsh and my boss wouldn't work with their restrictions such as telling them to deal with dangerous fumes and not getting help for people who can't lift alot. They also get on your case if you don't move fast. When they got on my case I threatened to file a lawsuit or go to the labor board they don't bother me to much anymore but they are jerks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:17 AM on Mar. 16, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I had a boss a few years ago that was an angel to me until she found out I was pregnant. Then it was like a switch went off and she turned into the biggest bitch ever! She was getting on me for EVERYTHING claiming I wasn't doing enough, or that I was giving the kids too much attention (I worked at a daycare) and then ultimately fired me about 2 weeks after she found out I was pregnant for "not giving the kids ENOUGH attention." Obviously the biggest lie ever. She fired me because I was pregnant. It sucks that an employer cannot legally discriminate against you because your pregnant, but really there is no enforcing that. They can make up/say/and do anything and just say its for whatever reason pops into their head.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 1:20 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• That's true some of them are like that's terrible she treated you that way. karma will go back to her!

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:44 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• When I still worked the store manager was like that. There was a cashier who was 8 months pregnant, and she went into labor at work (it's a grocery store, so lots of heavy things to lift). I'm positive that all the 20+ lbs of dog food and huge packs of water that she was lifting b/c the bag boy was busy flirting with his girlfriend didn't help matters any.
    PhoenixsMommy10

Answer by PhoenixsMommy10 at 9:25 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• The only person I worked for when I was pregnant was my dad, so no heavy lifting, a stool to sit on at the register and I always had someone else in the store with me just in case.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:14 AM on Mar. 16, 2011