What exactly does that mean?

My boyfriend said that sometimes, in regards to certain things, I read too much in to things vs. just taking them at face value. This is going to sound like the dumbest question in the world but what exactly does that mean?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:31 AM on Mar. 16, 2011 in Relationships

• yes us woman do over anaylize situations. we just tend to think the worse. guys are simple minded.
    shellychivell

Answer by shellychivell at 1:33 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• You over-think things. Over complicate. Sometimes a man says exactly what he means but we read into it and think it means something more. Usually, it doesn't.
    cdecker83

Answer by cdecker83 at 1:33 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I think he means that you take what people say and do, and exaggerate it. He's just trying not to use the word exaggerate because it might lead to an arguement. But I think he's basically telling you to not OVER think a situation that is self explanatory or straight forward.
    Shanti0327

Answer by Shanti0327 at 1:33 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• It means that you are always thinking there is more to something. Maybe something he does or says, but you know what I do it too with my husband. He means for example if he says "oh I was just texting a friend," you might really think that he is hiding something and actually texting a female and flirting or something like that. That's just an example though. But I would assume that is what he means because my husband tells me the same thing sometimes. I seem to think there is "more there than what there really is."
    Bamzakarat

Answer by Bamzakarat at 1:35 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Well that's not my issue. I just tend to assume he's in a bad mood if he comes home from work and seems grumpy.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:36 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Men are ass-holes, plain and simple......

women are emotional beings, we focues on feelings and vibes.

MEN, are FACTUAL, and like busness (sorry about spelling)
    They are just strange....

I am almost 44 years old ? let me know, if you figure them out, honey, because I HAVE NOT ?
    SissyAnn141

Answer by SissyAnn141 at 4:32 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I'm almost 56 years old and I agree with SissyAnn141. Do men actually THINK about anything other than business or sports?!!
    rosiemendo

Answer by rosiemendo at 8:02 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I dont think all men are assholes. I just think that men are very simple in the way they think. I am very guilty of over analyzing EVERYTHING. In reality though, for the most part, men say exactly what they mean. Its just whether or not as women we believe what they are saying.
    suark

Answer by suark at 1:50 PM on Mar. 16, 2011