How can I make my 2 yr old daughter social ?

imdowntoearth

Asked by imdowntoearth at 2:05 AM on Mar. 16, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Build up her self esteem. Show her by example how to be social. Practise social interactions. Play tea. Play introductions. Play good byes. Play saying thank you. Take her around people. Have fun with it.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 2:32 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• You CAN'T make your daughter anything. She is who she is. Love her. Enjoy her. Support her in being who she is and don't be so manipulative and controlling. Step back and just accept her.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 2:09 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• You can't. Maybe she is not meant to be social. Not all children are and pushing her is going to cause her problems. Just let her be and love her for who she is.
    sarchasmicangel

Answer by sarchasmicangel at 2:11 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I think the other responders might have been upset with your use of the word make. I think you just want to help her.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 2:33 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I agree you can't really make her social. I think the best thing is to take her to play groups and let her interact with other children. She is still young and as she gets older and starts school you may see a difference in her social behavior.

Good Luck!

cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 3:18 AM on Mar. 16, 2011