I may never talk to my mom again...

My mom has always been on my bad side. She is neurotic & a narcisist - sorry about the spelling. But she drives me crazy. Anyways I am getting a divorce & i need a place to stay. I told her this & she did not offer me to stay with her. She knows i can support myself and i do not need a baby sitter but i just need a place to live for now. She still has my old room too. The worst part is when my dad left my mom she stayed at her moms until she got her life back together.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:05 AM on Mar. 16, 2011 in Relationships

• I would use better communication since you say that staying with her is your only option.....You shouldnt beat around the bushes, openly ask her if you and your baby can stay with her...If she says no, I would probably say "Screw you Mom."
    You said you can support the baby, so you can explain to your mother that staying with her is temporary and let her know you will be in and out. Also, what about staying with your husband until you get on your feet...I know it will be hard-but again it is just temporary....And after all you have to learn to get along with the husband because you guys have a kid and a lifetime commitment to the child to be grown ups and learn to "get along" the best you can.
    I really hope you can find something....if not, maybe you can call around for some shelters and see what they can do to help.

Good luck sweetie <3
    RiaChristine

Answer by RiaChristine at 2:25 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I'd just talk to her rationally. Tell her that you don't want a hand out and that you won't be needing a babysitter while you stay. How long did you plan on staying with her? If you have a somewhat definite idea, tell her that you'll only be staying for x amount of months.

If she still tells you no, then you could bring up how she stayed with her mom when she was going through a divorce, but I wouldn't expect her to be very compassionate since she declined to let you stay there in the first place.

Do you have any friends/family in the area that would let you and your kid[s] stay with them?

Good luck, sweetie! And if all else fails, try calling a women's shelter in the area and see if they can help you out.

stacey.lavonne

Answer by stacey.lavonne at 3:55 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I tend to agree with ....

Stacy.lavonne & Riachristine.........

Unless, there are somethings missing ?????

If she is a "COLD-HEARTED BITCH", I would go to a shelter or a friends house.

I have learned there are.......3 sides to every story ............and the truth in the middle?
    SissyAnn141

Answer by SissyAnn141 at 4:26 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• My question is should i just not tAlk to her again because she does not wanna help me. Even though her mom helped her the same way.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:08 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Hope you find someplace else to stay. I can't imagine her house being a good option even if she offered, if you and she don't get along. :/
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 2:08 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I do not have another place to go.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:10 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I agree with RiaChristine, flat out ask her, and if she says no, say "screw you". My mom and I always had a bad relationship. After my separation, SHE OFFERED to rent 2 rooms in her house for the kids and me until I got back on my feet. Little did I know, she hadn't changed and she couldnt stand having kids around. She threw us out 2 months later and we ended up in a homeless shelter for 3 months. It's been 15 months, and I never spoke to her again. It's tough, but you and the baby will make it through somehow. Good luck to you
    joanie70

Answer by joanie70 at 4:48 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• That's messed up about your mom but here is some personal advice when my family did not have any place to stay we went to a shelter. I know you might not want to go there but it sounds like it might be your only option.
    ryahzMommy

Answer by ryahzMommy at 8:09 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Try again and ask her directly if you could move in temporarily (I assume it would be temporary?). Offer to pay some rent, for food, etc to see if it makes a difference. I hope it works out.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:13 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I'd just ask her outright, if it were me. Then if she says no, you can always go to a friend's house or a shelter. Honestly, though, if you and your mother don't get along, it probably wouldn't be the best situation, especially for the baby. Good luck!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 8:35 AM on Mar. 16, 2011