Nightmares

my 2 year old son is having multipul nigtmares amost everynight. He wake up screaming (usually 'why' or 'no') every 15 to 45 min. Even if I let him sleep in my bed he is still restless all nigt - although it does stop the screaming. He says he doesn't remember the dreams but has said he is scared.
this has been going on for almost a month and a half now. I just want it to stop and I don't know what to do. Any advice?

Amelora

Asked by Amelora at 2:10 AM on Mar. 16, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• children can have dreams about celery that scare them. he probably isn't dreaming about being chased by a physco murder. he could be dreaming that you went to the store and he was afraid you wouldn't come back in enough time to play with him. you should tell him a funny or happy story before he goes to bed. sometimes if you think about something before you fall asleep, you dream about it. also tell him that your going to right there when he wakes up and take your time making him feel safe and comforted before he goes to sleep.
    TiffanieK

Answer by TiffanieK at 2:31 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• aww, poor boy. never had the problem thankfully so here's a bump and hope the little guy can get some good sleep soon!
    jspenny2705

Answer by jspenny2705 at 9:52 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• MY SON DID THE same thing and still has bad dreams.. keep track of what he is eating before bed as sometimes people are more affected depending on their body and their diet. I also used a bedtime animal, night lights( blue and green lol!~ ) finger flashlights, fans for white noise, dream catcher as a 'what will it hurt' trial... it really took time to just stop the night mares although he still has them, they aren't as freuquent -
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:09 PM on Mar. 16, 2011