Really bad night! :( adult content

OK, so, I went to the ER sunday bc I was having contractions, naseau, and back and abdominal pain. They told me I was having contractions and I was extremely dehydrated. They gave me an IV and some meds to slow the contractions and sent me home since I wasn't dialated. I reasted Monday, contractions eased, but still had back pain and some burning when urinating. I have had a history of Kidney and bladder infections so I thought I may of had a Kidney infection. I dranks lots of water and cranberry juice and rested to see if I would feel any better. Tuesday I woke up around 2 pm (bc I felt so sick all I could do was sleep) went to the bathroom and had lots of blood in my urine and back pain was worse. I called the doctor and they told me to go to the ER. I went to take a shower before going and back pain became so severe I could barely move. Got to the ER, they checked my urine and said it had blood in it, but they would have to send it off for a culture to see if I had an infection. They said I was still very dehydrated and the nurse gave me the most painful IV of my life! She was very rough and blood went every where even on the floor and she didn't even clean it up just covered it with a chair! I was really dizzy and naseaus but the nurse was unsympathetic and kept telling me I had to drink bc I was only making things worse, but I couldn't bc I was so sick at my stomach! After the IV was done they took my blood pressure, it was 90 something over 41 and the alarm went off for low blood pressure. SO she came back in and switched arms and left it for like 30 min, blood pressure stayed at around 90ish over 40-50ish. I don't think she ever even told the doctor about it being low. Then she came back in and handed me a prescription and sent me on my way. When I got outside I looked at it and they gave me pain meds and something for constipation. I wasn't even constipated!! No antibiotics. I am in severe pain and I really think I have a Kidney infection, but they said I have to wait for the culture to come back before they will give me antibiotics. So now I'm worried if it is an infection it will get worse over time and hurt more. I am so exhausted and sick and hurting I just don't know what to do anymore!!

kayaiden8907

Asked by kayaiden8907 at 2:46 AM on Mar. 16, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I think you should go directly in to see your actual OBGYN ASAP even if you have to wait in the waiting room to see him/her. They should be addressing your issues as well and not just keep sending you to the ER. Obviously I would keep drinking as much liquids as I could since your blood pressure most likely dropped because of dehydration. That is why you feel terrible too, low blood pressure make you feel sick but you also have a bladder infection and need the proper meds that you can take while pregnant. Call you OBGYN NOW and demand to see them today. You should NOT have to suffer like this! Be stern with them & bring someone with you!!! Feel better soon!! :(

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 10:28 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Awww, honey, that's rough! Hopefully, you're right, because that means they can give you antibiotics, and you'll feel better soon. No one likes having THAT nurse, especially when they feel awful! I'm sorry you had to go through all this! I hope you feel better soon!! =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:06 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• My mother suffer with my little bother with the same thing. They finally had to deliver him. He was pressing so hard on her kindey. I know the pain ur going through as i watch my mother with kidney infections while pregnant with her last child. She almost had to had it removed after giving birth. Sorry to here this and pray that u get well soon. Drink water in small amounts and see it that would help.
    dorotheabrown37

Answer by dorotheabrown37 at 7:22 AM on Mar. 16, 2011