How often do you go to the doctor?

I am paranoid so I go very often, my doctor keeps telling me that I do not have to keep coming as often as I do. Which is once a month. It comforts me to see my doc. and I have been doing this ever since I was about 14 years old.

dubewife

Asked by dubewife at 2:49 AM on Mar. 16, 2011 in Health

• Are you sick? Is there a reason to see him?
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 2:51 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• yeah, unless you have a physical/medical reason to be checked that often..you are either wasting your money, or your insurance. in the case of latter, i'd question whether you had insurance, if you seriously go once a month without reason.
    you may need counseling, however...
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 3:08 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I go to the doc anywhere from every 2 weeks to once a month but I have medical reasons that need checked often.
    proudmom2510

Answer by proudmom2510 at 4:05 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• To much for me. I am Diabetic so I have to go more. Get blood test.

Maybe you need to go see a psychiatrist. Not trying to be mean. It sounds like you have some form of OCD type thing going on.

Answer by louise2 at 6:02 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I go pretty often myself. But I have arthritis and ptsd and have to go. You should probably ask for a referral to a counselor because you may just need someone to talk to.

Answer by gemgem at 7:43 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Maybe 2 or 3 times a year. One of those is for my pap.
    liz.1986

Answer by liz.1986 at 7:52 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• yearly physical and for any problems between them. Went once this year for joint pain
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:08 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I go once a year for a physical and whenever I need to.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 10:15 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• a little as possible
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 12:38 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I agree with "as little as possible". I don't go myself, although I am 63 and have PATs and TIAs with a history of PTSD, OCD and depression. I don't have insurance and not much money, so I really have no choice. When I do go to the Health Dept, they are worse than useless. The nurse rarely even looks at me, just messes with the papers in the chart and uh-huh's me if I say anything when she ask how everything is going. Last time I went was sometime last fall, because I ran out of my water pills and didn't bother going back, since they weren't really doing anything for me anyway. My BP was about the same with the pills as without them, so why should I bother.
    tngrandma

Answer by tngrandma at 7:27 PM on Mar. 16, 2011