Do you think its ok to be a lesbian mom?

Exactly what the title says....

mlkmylove

Asked by mlkmylove at 3:20 AM on Mar. 16, 2011 in Relationships

• It can be.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 3:24 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I don't think there is anything wrong with being a lesbian mom. If you are asking is it okay for a lesbian to be a parent then sure they can be parents. I don't think they will be better or worse then a heterosexual mom. I think moms and moms, we all make mistakes and we all love our children. Besides there are a lot of heterosexual moms out there that are not the greatest moms, just there are ones that are great. I would think that you will find the same thing with lesbian moms. Some will be great and some will not.

cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 3:26 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I think it's better than being a single mom. It takes two people (at least) to raise a child, I don't think it matters if they're both female (or both male).
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 3:34 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• It is absolutely ok to be a lesbian mom. Red or yellow, brown or white, gay or not, they are human beings just like the rest of us. More power to them :)
    proudmom2510

Answer by proudmom2510 at 3:35 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• What is wrong with it? You sexuality has nothing to do with you ability to raise your child.
    Hatsumomo

Answer by Hatsumomo at 3:45 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Sexuality has nothing to do with how good of a parent one makes. Of course there is NOTHING wrong with being a lesbian and Mom.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 4:07 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• There's nothing wrong with it, lesbians are still women! I have friends who are raising a child in a lesbian couple and I have to say the only problem they've encountered is their child being teased mercilessly at school.
    kayalouise

Answer by kayalouise at 6:00 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• your sexuality has nothing to do if you are a good mom or not but i full support the gay and lesbian community
    cnoble927

Answer by cnoble927 at 7:24 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Sexuality isnt an issue , it may not be ideal to society but who are we to judge?
    PrettyBaby24

Answer by PrettyBaby24 at 7:39 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• We have exactly one lesbian couple at our school and I think they are great moms. I think though going in someone needs to be prepared for gossip, stares etc. I live in a small southern town and this couple is pretty nice, and they make a decent living. One is a sahm and the other is a PA, they adopted a down syndrome little boy. I think they did a great thing, but people still look down on them here and it isnt easy for them.

Answer by gemgem at 7:45 AM on Mar. 16, 2011