Child sleep times...

Do you think its ok that a child (4 and under) stays up late... like till 2-3am if the mom is up with him or her?

mlkmylove

Asked by mlkmylove at 3:26 AM on Mar. 16, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• occasionally this might be okay.  If it something that happens every night then maybe not.  I also guess it depends on how late they sleep during the day.  if they are going to bed at 3 am and sleeping until 3pm the next day, then maybe.

It is not something I would choose to do with my children!

cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 3:29 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• whatever fits your schedule... we are night owls here, my 5yr old twins are still up, we homeschool so that helps, lol
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 3:33 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I allow my daughter to stay up late on nights she doesn't have school the next day. It works for me because I can study late and we both wake up pretty late in the day. My 4 year old literally just passed out!
    proudmom2510

Answer by proudmom2510 at 3:41 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• my daughter stays up late with me, why should i put her to bed & then have her wake up early and not be able to have fun with her because i was tired.
    92210love

Answer by 92210love at 3:48 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• whatever works for the mom at that age unless they need to get up for prechool.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 6:57 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• As long as they are getting enough sleep, I guess it's whatever works for the family. It may be a hard transition when they go to school, if they do.

BandME

Answer by BandME at 10:58 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• occasionally but not all the time
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 11:03 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• my ds goes up to his room at 8ish and there have been occasions where he will stay up that late playing with toys...he will be up around 7 or 8 am the next day and pass out about 9 or 10am again for a few hrs lol
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 11:57 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• We have a schedule at my house. She is in bed between 8:30 and 9 on the weekdays. On the weekends maybe a little later,depending on what we are doing.
    momoftaterbug

Answer by momoftaterbug at 5:13 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• oh sure that is too late for that age...that is adult times...
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 10:25 PM on Mar. 17, 2011