Do u buy ur toddler a toy almost every day?

I really do . Well me and my dh. I know what u are thinking too. Prob thinking we have a spoiled little girl. But she is 3 and so sweet . She never hardly throws fits or acts up. Some times I feel kind of guilty because Im thinking is every day too much. If not toys Im buying clothes . I dont know if this will hurt ?

bubbaelea22

Asked by bubbaelea22 at 4:05 AM on Mar. 16, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I don't think there's anything wrong with it if you have the means to do so. I get DD toys when I can afford it or on special holidays only :)
    proudmom2510

Answer by proudmom2510 at 4:07 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Oh no. We would have an entire room full of toys. As it is I just had to go through the toy box because it was over flowing. I think we probably get our 3 year old a toy maybe once a week. I do think getting new toys everyday is a bit much personally.
    Bamzakarat

Answer by Bamzakarat at 4:07 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I never bought my kids something ever day. First I could not afford to and second I wanted them to learn that they can't always get what they want. Now they are 14, 12 and 9 and they know if we are going shopping they can bring their own money because I am not always going to be being them things.

As always parents do what they think is best for their children.  I understand she is sweet although have you ever told her she can't have something.  I am just saying maybe try it just once and see what happens.  In the end no one can tell you what to do.

Good Luck!

cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 4:11 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Guilty as Charged, I DID.

He is 18 this year, and it did not hurt him a bit ........
    SissyAnn141

Answer by SissyAnn141 at 4:14 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Why, they will not know the excitement of getting something special if it is an every day thing. It is backwards deprivation.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 4:23 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I don't think it will hurt them to get some little trinket every day if you can afford that, but it it's big stuff, well, then that's kind of overkill. Christmas and birthdays won't be special. Trust your instincts, IMO. As long as she's not acting entitled and spoiled, if she's grateful and polite, then you're doing the right thing for your girl in your circumstances.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 4:28 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Gifts should be for birthdays, Christmas, and Easter. If she does something really great, give her a special treat telling her that she is getting it because she did something great.
    karen020253

Answer by karen020253 at 4:44 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• when my dh was deployed I spoiled him a bit, he was 3 and I got him a present every time i went to the store. we didnt go to the store every day. But he will ask to go look at toys and before we even go I tell him you can look at toys but you can't get a toy today and we will look for like two minutes. And if we don't have time I just tell him we don't have time and if he throws a fit about not looking at toys then I tell him we wont be able to look at toys anymore if he throws fits and that usually quiets him down.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 5:40 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• When she might expect you to always do it. And as kids get older. Stuff gets more expensive.

I never went  places every day when my kids where that age to even buy things for them daily.

Answer by louise2 at 5:47 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I used to buy anything she looked at, having money is not a good step for me! I work hard for it but oh my do I spend it when I want to! But these days I buy a treat every Friday depending on her sticker chart, I think it's okay when they're really little but as she starts to properly understand everything I don't want her to think she gets whatever she wants.
    kayalouise

Answer by kayalouise at 5:57 AM on Mar. 16, 2011