What is the point?

I'm sorry I'm anon. I just know a few people on here. This is more of a vent. My DH works ALL of the time. He has always been a hard working man, but lately it is taking a toll on me. Sometimes he is gone for days and when he is home for 8-12 hours, he doesn't really spend time with me. I guess it is just starting to get to me. I'm alone 98% of the time. I don't have that many friends, so I watch TV (mostly) clean, walk the dog. Its not that I don't love him, but why is his job #1. Yes I understand he has to make money, but seriously this is insane. I am disabled so I don't work. I wish I did. I just don't know what to do any more. I'm sorry I'm venting. I know there are husbands that are deployed right now. I can understand that, but to have your DH in the same city and want to spend more time working then with his wife is just not tolerable. He has a choice.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:22 AM on Mar. 16, 2011 in Relationships

• My husband is (always was) the same way. It was hard, especially when the kids were younger and when I was working and going to school at the same time. I understood the reasons he did it/does it, though that didn't make me like it any better. Still, I am very independent, can keep quite busy and social and it has been my "norm" for a long time. We still have family time (I have much more flexibility in my schedule so I adapt) and it's OK. We've been married over 25 years and still going strong ... maybe not seeing eachother too much is the actual secret (just kidding bout that).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:25 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• You and your spouse need to relearn communication. Please make an appointment with a couples counselor; if he won't go, go yourself

Answer by rkoloms at 8:36 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• My husband works out of town all the time. I am the only person at the office where I work and the only person I see is SS. SS makes it impossible for me to have friends with the way he behaves. It does make life really rough. But I do like to eat and have a roof over my head, so I try to be understanding.
    Mammaw0604

Answer by Mammaw0604 at 9:52 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• My husband went has gone through periods of time when he has had to work sun up to sleep time. Sometimes it's lasted as much as a few months. We just weather through it. I don't punish him or sulk the few hours he is at home. When we're in bed, I bodily express how much I want and need him.
    CoffeeWriter

Answer by CoffeeWriter at 10:44 AM on Mar. 16, 2011