What could happen??

What could happen if I were to start taking birth control pills without knowing that i was pregnant? I was off the pill for a while, but i recently started taking it again. I've also been having a few symptoms that are common with early pregnancy (feel sick to my stomach, not able to eat, constantly tired, things like that). I really dont think i'm pregnant, but what if.....?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:37 PM on Nov. 24, 2008 in Health

• the best way to find out take a preg test. or go where you get your birthcontrol pills and let them redo your test to find out what kind to give you and if your preg. they won't give them to you if your preg. they might need to do a pap. but what harm will that do.
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 1:39 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• I got pregnant while on birth control and was taking them until I I started feeling sick at about 5wk. My son is just fine now.
    bugandsmiles

Answer by bugandsmiles at 1:48 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• You also have to consider that birth control pills contain hormones and until your body adjusts to the new hormones running through your system these symptoms are pretty normal. If your body doesn't adjust then I would suggest going back to your dr. and requesting a different prescription. When I went back on the pill I went through about 5 different brands before I finally found one that I could afford that did not make me sick. There's always a chance that you could be pregnant and if you think you are just go grab a home pregnancy test and check it out. If not, then I'd chalk it up to the pills that you are taking.
    sillyt

Answer by sillyt at 2:43 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• when i was looking into emergency contraception, which is just a huge dose of birth control pill, it says it will not adversely affect a pregnancy. supposedly pills just inhibit the conditions necessary for pregnancy. my mom got pregnant with my brother on the pill, and i'm sure it took her a while to figure it out... he's a weirdo, but unharmed in the way you speak of.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 2:58 PM on Nov. 24, 2008