Is it bad that my son want to crossdress when he's a junior in high school?

1080Sparkles

Asked by 1080Sparkles at 8:44 AM on Mar. 16, 2011 in Health

• Well the school will probably be calling if he does. And he would likely be bullied and maybe beat up. That being said Id tell him no and if he feels the need to do it at home. Id also look into counseling for him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:01 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• He wants to go to school fully clothed in girls clothing? Minimally he and I would sit down with the school counselor to be sure he is prepared for other students reaction. Some school have policies against this, so check for that.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 9:01 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• i would not mind it, but i would be scared of the other kids. i would talk to him & let him know that many people don't think this is normal behavior, even though it is. I would ask him to do his cross dressing at home for his sake, i would hate it if my son was picked on.

I think having a meeting with the school counselor is a good idea.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:15 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• This is rather vague. When does he want to crossdress and why? If it is just at home, then what is the problem. If he wants to do it out, why? Does he feel like he should be a girl? If so, then he needs counseling to help resolve his gender identity issues, which may include becoming a girl. Discuss the repercussions of if he does it in public (which I can help with if you want, my husband does this).
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 9:31 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Honestly, the school probably will not allow it. If you can't wear clothing or hair styles that call too much attention to one student then cross dressing will fall into that category since it would cause kids to pay more attention to another student and less to the teacher. Here, the only option would be to go to the alternative school. I would not allow that, simply because I put more stock in education than that.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:01 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• There was a time when women wearing pants was considered cross dressing. If he wants to where skirts, buy him a kilt.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 12:04 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Maybe not so strange. My daughter went to school with a football player who wore a skirt. I don't think he was dressing as a girl thoug. Maybe it was a kilt. The kids were ok with it. I think the parents were more weirded out. LOL
    I guess it depends on WHY he wants to cross dress.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 12:34 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Well not entirely, He want to wear lingerie. I caught he sneaking a pair of my panties so?
    1080Sparkles

Comment by 1080Sparkles (original poster) at 12:43 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Talk to him. It sounds like he has gender identity issues. Ask him why he did it?
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 1:03 PM on Mar. 16, 2011