Heart problems

I started having real bad heart problems while pregnant with this baby that I am having. I have been going to the doctor I Don't eat fatty foods or a lot of junnk food. I eat fruit, grains and light meats. I wonder if any one has experice this.

dorotheabrown37

Asked by dorotheabrown37 at 8:52 AM on Mar. 16, 2011 in Pregnancy

• what kind of heart problems?
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 8:56 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• There can be different heart problems that come up during pregnancy. Heart murmurs are very common, actually, likely because of a hormone called relaxin. Relaxin is the hormone that helps your pelvis open up for Baby to come through. It's not isolated to your pelvis, however, and it has effects all over the body. It's also the reason that you can hurt yourself more easily when you exercise- it affects your tendons and ligaments, making them stretch further than normal. Relaxin may also work on the heart valves, keeping them from closing properly, which can lead to a heart murmur. Is that what's going on with your heart? Heart murmurs in pregnancy often clear up post-partum. Good luck!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:49 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I stared feeling palpitation I know i spelled it wrong. But my heart flutters and then I have problems breathing.
    dorotheabrown37

Comment by dorotheabrown37 (original poster) at 1:40 PM on Mar. 17, 2011